[Freeswitch-dev] trouble on how to remove the media bug from the session after the sessions are closed

Han Xin xin at ind.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Oct 4 16:03:51 MSD 2011

Hello everyone!

I am new to Freeswitch and try to add media bugs such as digital signal processing to the read stream and write stream. But I have some trouble on how to remove the media bug from the session after the sessions are closed. I tried to look into other existed modules such as mod_soundtouch and mod_dptools to find a solution, the former mod_soundtouch put the function "switch_core_media_bug_remove()" in the beginning of application run function. The latter mod use a single app called "remove bugs" and put this app in the dial plan to remove the bugs.

The question is where should I put this "switch_core_media_bug_remove()" function after the sessions are closed.
Is there a way to automatically remove a media bug when a call is ended?
Or it is only possible to use a single app to remove the media bugs as in the mod_dptools?

Thank you all in advance!