[Freeswitch-dev] Other-Leg-uuid before bridge

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 12:44:59 MSK 2011

Hi Michael,

This brings me neatly on to a long outstanding query of mine - does this
UUID stick? All testing and evidence suggests that the originating_uuid
specified continues as the channel uuid after answer, however the wiki (
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_commands) states the following (UUID
specification is key to part of my system and has left me worrying that
this may cause a headache in the future):

Wiki text:

 You can specify the UUID of an originated call by doing the following:

   - Use create_uuid to generate a UUID to use.
   - This will allow you to kill an originated call before it is answered
   by using uuid_kill.
   - The UUID of the answered call leg will not be the same UUID as the
   origination_uuid specified (Each call leg always gets its own UUID)

Please tell me the wiki is out of date!

Thanks,

Callum