[Freeswitch-dev] version numbers

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 20:55:24 MSK 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Tom Parrott <tomp at tomp.co.uk> wrote:

> Anthony,
>
> I would be interested to know how you and the other Freeswitch
> developers go about deploying new 'versions' of the code.

Right now we make a new version every time we commit and that's about it.
We currently have a policy to never intentionally leave our git HEAD in an
unusable state.

This is hard to do naturally so that's why we have the idea to create 2
branches where one is only updated with important changes etc.

None if this is written in stone, I am just waiting for it all to fall into
place the most sensible way so we can keep things moving.

I will say a new release is eminent, I just need to find the resources to
pull everything together.

MSN:anthony_minessale at hotmail.com
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale at gmail.com

sip:888 at conference.freeswitch.org