[Freeswitch-dev] Implementing Forward-{All, Busy, NoAnswer}, ring policies and DND in FS

Mathieu Parent math.parent at gmail.com
Sat May 14 13:15:26 MSD 2011

2011/5/10 Rupa Schomaker <rupa at rupa.com>:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Mathieu Parent <math.parent at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have doubt about mod_hash because it doesn't propagate hashes on
>> remote servers (it does for limits only). Should I use mod_db instead?
>>

> +1

Thinking wider, what we need is an updatable directory. The directory
is by default stored as readonly XML files. Mod_voicemail currently
workaround this (IMO) by creating an SQL table to store vm password.
Couldn't we provide a more generic handler ?

Proposal: add a new xml_int binding: "directory_update".
-------------

With mod_xml_curl, the POST request will look like this:

[hostname] => testmachine
[section] => directory_update
[tag_name] => domain
[key_name] => name
[key_value] => domain1.awesomevoipdomain.faketld
[key] => id
[user] => 1004
[domain] => domain1.awesomevoipdomain.faketld
[set-param-forward-all-destination] => 1234
[set-param-forward-all-status] => 1

(POST variables prefixed with "set-param-" or "set-variable-" modify
the relevant XML attribute)

The xml_int should return either:
<document type="freeswitch/xml">
  <section name="result">
    <result status="success" />
  </section>
</document>
or
<document type="freeswitch/xml">
  <section name="result">
    <result status="not found" />
  </section>
</document>

A new function is needed:
SWITCH_DECLARE(switch_status_t) switch_xml_update_user(const char *key,

                                    const char *user_name,

                                    const char *domain_name,

                                    switch_event_t *params)

Where params is an event containing the set-* variables.

As mod_xml_curl is not configured by default, we need something to
update XML files: any idea?

I will start to implement the suggested proposal.

--
Mathieu