[Freeswitch-dev] using freeswich as for SIP signalling and programming an external HW.

Prashant Lamba prashant.lamba at gmail.com
Thu May 12 09:41:31 MSD 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Narendra Sirugudi <nsirugudi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to use freeswich for SIP signalling and program an external HW for
> RTP processing.
>
> Does freeswitch provide any mechanism/hooks to program an external HW for
> RTP processing ?
>
> thanks,
> --kumar

I do believe you need to use Freeswitch in Media Bypass mode. We did the
same and it works like a bomb!
Ofcourse you need to find the way to divert the audio to your HW for RTP
capture. Enjoy.

Prashant
--
Phonologies (India)

To save our tigers, save their habitat. Think before you print this email. <
www.saveourtigers.com>