[Freeswitch-dev] Antw.: is there any info abount which git tag/ Freeswitch release is stable?

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Sun May 8 21:20:28 MSD 2011

The Libraries that are included inline with freeswitch are done so for a
reason. Just because there is a similar or later version in debians package
tree does not mean it will work properly with FreeSWITCH. A perfect example
of this is libcurl... While included on many platforms its either broken, or
'fixed' in a way that changes the API and its not compatible w/ FreeSWITCH.

I guys over at sun put out a very good white paper on this subject a couple
of yars ago I wish I could find a link to include with this post.