[Freeswitch-dev] mod_socket

Ali R. aroumie at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 08:43:52 MSD 2011

Your suggestion coupled with chapter 10 in the book -page 258-260, I will be
able to achieve 100% of my goal .  With the "respond" app I can force the
auth/challenge to take place based on biz logic (that's 50% of my problem fixed)
and mod_xml_curl  will hand the [user] back to me on a different socket in the
form of HTTP request where I respond with the password from my biz logic. Now my
question is, is there a way to negotiate the user/password through mod_socket.
I'm avoiding to have my app listening for inbound connection to respond to
curl?.   While at it, FreeSwitch's slogan should be "FreeSwitch understands
Security" I'm saying so because on page 260 of the FreeSwitch book, I found out
that there is a way that you can pass back the password hashed instead of plain
text which allow me to store it hashed in the database...small thing but really
smart

Regards,