[Freeswitch-dev] bounty request - sofia to not route MESSAGE [was] Chat Dialplan

david varnes david.varnes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 18:08:57 MSD 2011

I raised a bounty jira http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-3408 which
is a request to modify the native sofia treatment of incoming MESSAGE,
and generate some events to allow alternate handling. I also added
it to the bottom of http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Bounty

I was just reading back through the list and saw this discussion,
it seems pretty much what Kurtis was suggesting as well ?

Given the rest of the previous thread, is this request (FS-3408) likely to
get any traction ?  Is there anything else I should/could do to get a
yes/no answer.  The reason I ask is that I have a client that would
like to use this kind of feature, and will try and do the modification
themselves if the change does not fit with FS dev direction. I think
it would be much better if the change was available in FS though.
What amount of work would it be ?

thanks for any feedback  :-)

davidv