[Freeswitch-dev] Chat Dialplan

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 23:07:45 MSD 2011

This sounds redundant and intrusive.
We already have a concept of namespace within the chat username which
is used for routing.

we prefix the namespace into the user id such as conf+1234 at domain.com
This allows conference to get messages from sip, xmpp or any other
protocol that supports chat.

When a from user on chat contains +:

each module just parses the inbound chat message, cuts off the proto
"everything up to the first +" in this case conf
and routes it to the module registered to that namespace.

Right now conference will advertise it's presence and receive chat of
the word list and respond with the list despite the protocol used, eg
sip, jabber etc.

Also chat messages are routed to individual calls when they are
associated with an active channel allowing you to use chat inside IVR.

I recommend trying to understand all of this before proposing drastic
changes that will regress all of this functionality.