[Freeswitch-dev] reliable way to get caller id

adam harris admharris at gmx.com
Wed Aug 24 00:54:18 MSD 2011

I am trying to retrieve the caller id of incoming calls and finding when I get variable Channel-Caller-ID-Number it is not the actual number of the phone that has made the call, my provider seems to be setting it another number.

I am seeing the correct phome number is in the info log example below.
2011-08-23 20:40:34.832360 [INFO] mod_dialplan_xml.c:331 Processing 44203xxxxx->44800xxxx

In this case is '44203xxxxx' as displayed in the info log set as channel variable?