[Freeswitch-dev] playback in background

Seven Du dujinfang at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 18:07:34 PDT 2010

Hi,

I didn't find a way to playback in background in normal dialplan/lua
scripts. I know how to use event socket to do async, but I still think
it's useful in the following scenario and don't need a socket.

- start playback in background
- long time query (http or db query)
- explicitly stop background playback, or implicitly stop when any
further app executes(or when new data writes to the channel)
- do other things using the query result

Is there any existing solutions? or how hart to make a patch?  if I
make a patch to achieve that, would it be better to make in
mod_commands or should I make a new module?

What I'm thinking is to make a BUG in another thread and feed sound
data to the channel. Is that the right approach?

Thanks.

--
Blog: http://www.dujinfang.com
Proj:  http://www.freeswitch.org.cn