[Freeswitch-dev] VLAN support in sofia module

Adam Kuśmirek amkusmirek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 11:47:51 PDT 2010

Hi All

I would like to run FreeSwitch as SBC in my network. I have
architecture with all clients connected via separate vlans.
It gives me possibility to use one ip address for all clients, but I
need FS sofia profile to bind to specific interface (eg eth0:20 vlan
20) and global ip address.
As I see, for now sofia module allows to bind to ip address only. I
looked quickly to sourcees and it seems that this is limited by sofia
library.
Of course i may be wrong because I'm new to FS and didn't have time to
analyze sources.
Please, write some words on this topic.
Do you have plans to implement vlan support in FS.
I know that AcmePacket Net-Net gives such feature. Don't know any open
voip solution with this iplemented.

Regards Adam