[Freeswitch-dev] Dialog events

Beeton, Carolyn (Carolyn) cbeeton at avaya.com
Fri Oct 8 12:24:07 PDT 2010

I have an application which needs to SUBSCRIBE for Dialog events.  I have manage-presence turned on.  I place a call to an extension which is configured in the FS dialplan and is answered by FS (for the moment, it is just playing music).  If I now SUBSCRIBE for Dialog events for that extension, I get only the top-level <dialog-info> element, not the details included in the per-dialog <dialog> element (e.g. call id, remote display, etc) which are described in RFC4235.

In the code, I see that the query in actual_sofia_presence_event_handler does a "join" on sip_registrations to pull out some of the dialog details.  This means that extensions which do not register never get dialog details.  In my case, sip_registrations and sip_presence databases are empty, but most of the info that should be in the <dialog> element is stored in the sip_dialogs database.

Why does the query need sip_registrations or sip_presence?  When I simplify this query to remove the references to these databases, I get much closer to the data I need.  Isn't all the data we need in the sip_dialogs database?.  Dialog info should not require registration.

I've noticed some other problems, such as:
- to and from tags are not saved in sip_dialogs
- call-id, local-tag, remote-tag are not included in the <dialog> element
- from_user is never used because from_id is never null (it is set to "" by switch_str_nil)
- remote identity display is not included
- remote target does not come from the dialog Contact

I've made some changes and verified that a NOTIFY can be crafted which fully meets RFC4235 and allows my application to pick up this call (by sending an INVITE with REPLACES).  The first step though is to understand the link to sip_registrations.

Carolyn