[Freeswitch-dev] sending custom SDP in 183 Session Progress

Prashant Lamba prashant.lamba at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 06:12:57 PST 2010

>> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Raj Kiran Talusani <
>> rajkiran.talusani at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have written a application called mod_custom. In this module i would like
>> to set a user-defined RTP port and IP adress and then send the 200 OK
>> (answer the call). But i see that, before my application is invoked, 183
>> message is sent with SDP. And i didnot find a way to either disable sending
>> 183 and just send 180 OR modify the SDP to be sent in 200 OK.
>> please help.

> Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
> Mon May 10 09:51:51 PDT 2010
>
> if you use anything that needs media before you send 200 it will have to
> send 183

I have a similar problem to the one posted above, which I got by
searching the archieves:
http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-dev/2010-May/003653.html

We have integrated our own IVR with FS. Our IVR handles all media
(RTP) directly and FS handles only SIP.

When a call comes to FS with INVITE, in response we send 183 Session
Progress with FS generated SDP (and RTP IP and port). In 200 OK, FS
sends SDP with our application generated RTP IP and port. This works
in most cases.

Is there any way to invoke my application before sending 183 Session
Progress, so that our application generated SDP can be sent in the 183
Session Progress?

Prashant
prashant.lamba at gmail.com