[Freeswitch-dev] Session Progress and RINGING

Bernhard Suttner bernhard.suttner at winet.ch
Thu Nov 4 13:51:09 PDT 2010

Hi,

session progress does have SDP which will then go through to A. But on the display of A it will only display "session progress" and not Ringing. If A is now a ISDN Gateway and has to signalize RINGING into the "ISDN world". I am not sure, if RINGING will be used for A to generate the ringback tone for itself on every device. This behaves on the client/device configuration.

There was a nice discussion about this "issue" on the sip-implementors list:

http://www.mail-archive.com/sip-implementors@lists.cs.columbia.edu/msg06400.html

There is a RFC for this case (Section: 3.2.  Ringing Tone Generation)
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3960.txt

What do you think?

Best regards,
Bernhard Suttner