[Freeswitch-dev] Call to registered phone behind NAT

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed May 19 13:16:26 PDT 2010

On May 19, 2010, at 3:08 PM, Oleg Khovayko wrote:

> > what SVN rev are you using?
>
> I use latest official release 1.0.6, not SVN revision.
>
> > you can't assume the channel name has anything to do with it...
> I not assume, I see it.
> For Nokia record, FS PATH contains: ;fs_path=sip%3A1015%4094.71.98.45%3A17476%3Btransport%3DTCP
> But, call goes to sip:1015 at 10.0.0.135 - FS PATH is ignored.

I really find that one hard to believe.

> > the fs_path is where its going.
>
> Also, you can see, for Sipdroid, no FS PATH in the Contact line:
> Contact:        "user" <sip:1019 at 14.144.242.244:38592;transport=udp>
> Where if going from, when fs_path is missing?

Because sipdroid does stun and is smart enough to figure out its own public IP and registers properly but the Nokia is stupid and doesn't know its public IP.

> > Have you bothered to look at the SIP traces?
>
> Excuse me, no. How can I do it?

sofia profile xxx siptrace on

I will be you its NOT ignoring the fs_path you just can't see the packet leaving and since its TCP the far side nat I suspect has closed the nat translation thus you'll need to register more often or enable keep alives on the device.

/b