[Freeswitch-dev] Newbie question on switch_event_dup() with a code snippet

Paul Li plite2012 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 20:03:17 PDT 2010

I guess you were assuming I would pass the event clone (pointer) to the core
API (such as switch_event_fire), so that I would not need to free the clone
pointer. I guess I still need to destroy it in the following scenario:

static void my_event_handler(switch_event_t *event)
{
   switch_event_t *clone = NULL;

   if (switch_event_dup(&clone, event) == SWITCH_STATUS_SUCCESS) {

       /* use clone in my extended context */

       switch_event_destroy(&clone);
   }
}