[Freeswitch-dev] static libfreeswitch.a OSX

Paulo Vicentini vicentini.paulo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 16:29:45 PDT 2010

Yes,
I am using autotools.. I run ./configure --disable shared or even modifying
Makefile.am... in all these ways the static library is built
(libfreeswitch.a)  but when linking with freeswitch (bin) I got "undefined
symbols"

For instance, the symbol _switch_api_execute or _switch_log_printf are given
as undefined  but

otool -v -S -a libfreeswitch.a | grep _switch_api_execute
libfreeswitch_la-switch_loadable_module.o _switch_api_execute

otool -v -S -a libfreeswitch.a | grep _switch_log_printf
libfreeswitch_la-switch_log.o _switch_log_printf

I also got this warning from the linker:
ld warning: in /freeswitch/.libs/libfreeswitch.a, file is not of required
architecture
but
lipo -info libfreeswitch.a
input file libfreeswitch.a is not a fat file
Non-fat file: libfreeswitch.a is architecture: i386

as expected

/r