[Freeswitch-dev] mod_conference - User Classes

David Swardstrom dswardstrom at remotelink.com
Wed Jun 9 14:30:07 PDT 2010

Some things like Mute and Deaf are dynamic and I want to control them
with application code (JavaScript in this case).

In regards to using multiple profiles & conference controls for any one conference.
The mod_conference Wiki says it is not possible/practical.
What would happen if the same conference name was used with two separate profiles?
Does it use the profile to set up the member or does it use the profile
to affect the entire conference?

The comments by Bret McDanel would seem to indicate that the later
effect occurs, when a profile is specified for a conference, it affects
the entire conference.

Sometimes you have to go by the axiom "The devil is in the details."
I have not looked at mod_conference.c.
In this case, I would like to check to see what the code is doing.

And: Yes, I could use the more multiple profile/control capability.

But I still would like the capability I have proposed which would
have the mod_conference code do the loop over the members to do
mute and unmute when I want to mute/unmute a class.

Regards,
David Swardstrom
(profile)http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/User:Dswardstrom