[Freeswitch-dev] FXS bridged on FXO ports and DTMF

devel at thom.fr.eu.org devel at thom.fr.eu.org
Mon Jun 7 13:17:28 PDT 2010

I’m in the process of testing the patch, and I have some troubles with FXS now.

When bridging a call onto an FXS channel, the bridge fails. What seem to happen is the lock acquired in ftmod_analog.c line 83 is not released (seems it is not) before ftdm_analog_channel_run calls ftdm_channel_open_chan which in turn tries to acquire and fails the same lock.

If I add a 500ms delay (ftdm_sleep) at the entrance of ftdm_analog_channel_run, the problem disappears.

There seem to be a race condition here, but as I have no idea how threads are scheduled (nor within mod_freetdm neither in overall freeswitch) this is beyond my skills. However (I get the same kind of scheduling problems when trying to thread the MWI function) I’d be glad to learn how that works, so if you have any pointers…

François