[Freeswitch-dev] Would like to create and contribute a module "mod_cdr_logic"

Vitalii Colosov vetali100 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 11:13:19 PDT 2010

Hi team,

I 've created first version of *mod_cdr_logic*.
And I would like to ask you what is the best way to share it with the
community?
It can be provided in contrib dir or I can put it on my personal site, if
you think it is better not to include it into contrib dir at this stage.

Module exports any channel variables into the provided table using ODBC in
core.
It supports master and backup database (also I will add failover dump into a
file in a future version if it will be required).

*The most important thing of this module is the ability to execute set of
Lua or Java scripts before exporting CDR into the table.*
*So one can implement any business logic, set new channel variables based on
some conditions, and then export them all into the table as CDR.*

Config file (attached) contains 3 sections:

1. Database and table settings
2. Scripts to be executed before export
3. Channel variables to be exported (and corresponding table field names).

I would greatly appreciate your inputs!

P.S. I tested it carefully and it looks stable, but for sure it will need
few months of community intensive testing (and bug fixing if any) before
being considered fully stable.

*Also, I would greatly appreciate any comments of the development team on
the source code (especially on string concatenation and memory management).*

Regards,
vIT