[Freeswitch-dev] Status of Bridged Call

Thirupathi s_thirupathikumar at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 11:34:31 PDT 2010

am receiving the inbound call and i am bridging that call with some
other number. But i need to know whether the bridged call (dial out
call) has been ringing or answering.

I am using the ESL connection method to communicate with the Freeswitch. Here is the snapshot of my code.

Receiving inbound call :
        @sd = s
        @con = ESL::ESLconnection.new(s.to_i)

     @con.execute("linger")
        @con.setEventLock("true")

        @con.sendRecv("myevents")
        @con.execute("answer")

After that i am playing and receiving input from the caller then i am bridging the call with some other number.

Bridge Call:
 @con.execute("bridge", "sofia/gateway/junctionnetworks//#{@destination_number}")

and waiting for the bridge event

WaitForBridgeEvent:
def
waitForBridge
        while @con.connected
            e =
@con.recvEvent()
            next if e == nil

printEventData(e)
            handleHangup if
hangupOccurred(e)
            if e.getHeader("Event-Name")
== "CHANNEL_BRIDGE" &&

e.getHeader("Channel-State") == "CS_EXECUTE"

answer_state = e.getHeader("Answer-State")
                if answer_state ==
"answered"

call_answer_time = e.getHeader("answered_time")

end_point_disp = e.getHeader("endpoint_disposition")

var_end_point_disp = e.getHeader("var_endpoint_dispoisition")

return call_answer_time, end_point_disp, var_end_point_disp
                end
            end
        end
end

In this code the answer_state
 is always returning the answered. Also there is always no value for call_answer_time,
 end_point_disp, var_end_point_disp. Bridging is happening and i have no problem with bridging the call.

Please
let me know whether the answer-state is returned in this case is for
the inbound call or outbound call. (because i am wondering how it is
always answered?). Also please help me to get the bridged call status
(whether answered, ringing or others)

Thanks and Regards,
Thirupathi