[Freeswitch-dev] V8 Performance Tests

Jan Berger jan.berger at video24.no
Fri Jul 2 16:44:51 PDT 2010

Did a quick and dirty performance test comparing C, C++ and V8. This is not
a valid benchmark in any way, it is only a test to give me a feeling about
how "slow" V8 is compared to pure C and C++.

The code also executed in the same loop and C/C++ tests was in a separate
function so all 3 tests had exactly the same overhead in the C++ part.

C : 1,4 Mill/sec

C++: 0.8 Mill/sec

V8 Run Only: 0,8 Mill/Sec

V8 Compile+Run: 0,4 Mill/sec

Other tests will show other differences - this is just an indication that V8
actually might compare with C/C++ performance wise + their memory handling
look promissing.

Threads ? They use globals and statics that will not thread that easy if you
atteempt to thread V8 itself - I need to experiment and see.

Jan