[Freeswitch-dev] Fscomm status and issues and patch

Seven Du dujinfang at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 21:48:34 PST 2010

Thanks, see inline comments:

2010/1/11 João Mesquita <jmesquita at freeswitch.org>:

> Forgot to reply line by line ...
>
> João Mesquita
>

> On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Seven Du <dujinfang at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> FsComm is really cool. I played and make some improvements, see
>> rev16229 in trunk(in my contrib dir). And note is stll has bugs when
>> sometimes the sound dev list doesn't sync well with FScomm on some
>> edge cases. Also ideally it can be automatically updated like XLite.
>>
>> Because I cannot join the last weekly conference due to network
>> problems so I don't know the results been discussed. Questions?
>>
>> 1) When will we have jira for this?
>> 2) What the next step of FsComm dev?
>
> Have the Sofia accounts configuration pane and right after that, process the
> events correctly. There are a lot of flaws on how I deal with them at the
> moment.
>

>> 3) My time doesn't match well with most of you, so, hard to chat on
>> IRC. Even we have jira for this it would be a pain if I want to commit
>> more patches. Is that ok I commit to my contrib and someone merge to
>> trunk?
>
> I would love if you could post patches on Jira instead with the work you see
> fit. Otherwise, I will easily loose track of things.

ok, will do. Someone contribute Paypal and I would like to contribute
code. Ideally there be a feature list on wiki or roadmap on jira we
can follow to avoid invent wheels at the same time, something like
this:

goal:

As Brian described on list:

Easy to use, a really nice phone with lots of options, would be kick ass.
Must work on 32bit and 64bit of Windows, Mac and Linux ... and not
suck like most softphones do.

features:

* manually register/unregister for each accounts, very useful for
debugging, as in Zoiper
* easy dial out through different gateways
* auto reconfigure sound devices when dev changes(say a USB headset
pluged/unpluged, as in XLite)
* Just found a good feature list as I'm writing this list:
http://www.zoiper.com/feature_list_zoiper_communicator.php and it
would be cool if all "BIZ ONLY" features can be replaced by "FREE" :)

Despite the rich features, we should also make it *Extremely* easy to
use for non-technical people, E.g. for sip gateway config it only
needs username/password/realm, all other params should be in
Advanced/Ad-Advanced conf ...

>> 4) Is it possible I commit to trunk? Then how to do code review before
>> commit? It's the first time I program QT so some code must be very
>> ugly.
>>

> The question above replies this one too. Time will get you to trunk. :-)
>

>> Some bugs I found:
>>
>> 1) FreeSWITCH/FsComm user agent breaks xml parser, complains missing
>> ">", I guess it's a XML parser bug when it see "/" it expects an ">"
>> to be a "/>". Sorry I deleted the full log but I think it can be
>> replicated so let me know if I need to report to jira.
>>

> Please do. This is a bug in switch_event_expand_headers() and I haven't yet
> had the time to figure out what is the char that breaks it.
>

>> 2) I change event_socket.conf.xml to use port 8022 to avoid conflict
>> with another FS instance. 10% of times I run FsComm it cannot been
>> read.
>
> The idea is to disable this after some time since it makes no sense at all
> to be there other then debugging. So I guess you can do whatever with that
> template.

For debugging and for fan, I'd like to keep it. Provide an api allow
people make better use of it. Also I noticed API is a "BIZ ONLY"
feature on http://www.zoiper.com/feature_list_zoiper_communicator.php