[Freeswitch-dev] recordFile doesn't seem to honor silence_secs

Darren C. ustcorporation at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 8 20:08:51 PST 2010

Hello,

Not able to get FS to honor the silence_secs for recordFile.

This part of application is very simple.  All we’re doing is asking caller to “Say your name” and then we record this.  Once there is 3 seconds of silence we want to move on with life so the caller doesn’t have to wait for the full 30 seconds or hit a terminating digit.  Just using the command per the instructions like this:

session.recordFile("sounds/en/us/callie/audio/commands/1234.wav", mycallback, arg, 30, 500, 3);

Please advise if there is a known bug, if it is I’ve not been able to find it anywhere.  I see bug reports are supposed to be for 1.0.5 but we’re running on Windows using pre-compiled binaries from:

http://files.freeswitch.org/windows_installer/

…holding out for 1.0.5 to come out!

Our configuration:

Freeswitch version: 1.0.4