[Freeswitch-dev] Multicast stream listener module

MohammedShehzad pmhshz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 03:53:44 PST 2010

Hello everybody,
I am working on multicast listener format module, So that Freeswitch can
listen on multicasted stream as example below:
<action application="playback" data="rtp://224.168.168.168:34567"/>
Please see on thread named 'stream a file multicast with mod_esf' on
http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2010-February/026163.html

I am testing that module against the audio multicasted by mod_esf module.
I got some success with help of existing mod_native_file module, and I able
to receive and play the multicasted RAW PCMU RTP (modified the skel of
format module provided by brian), so that caller can hear the multicast by
other Freeswitch server, but when i change the caller's codec from PCMU to
something else, it breaks.
Then I looked into mod_sndfile for decoding PCMU to other codec, but it
seems that module is using libsndfile, which reads sound file directly and
decode them to L16. If something similar to libsndfile is available, which
work on stream instead of reading file, then it would surely work.
Please Let me know your ideas on this, as I don't know how exactly
Freeswitch encoding-decoding works?

--

-MohammedShehzad