[Freeswitch-dev] Need some direction

Mark Sobkow m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com
Fri Feb 19 11:34:24 PST 2010

I need to create a custom Freeswitch module that acts as a leg/endpoint
of a call.  Unlike a conference, it needs to maintain a UUID so that a
parked call can be bridged to it.  Once the call is bridged, the module
will be in "connect" mode.  After the bridged leg disconnects, the
module goes into "data collection" mode and gets DTMF call results from
the operator.  It then goes into a "parked" mode, waiting for another
call to be bridged to it or for the operator to hit a DTMF logout sequence.

I just need to know what I should look at for a template/sample to start
with.  Conferences don't seem to be applicable because they don't have
UUIDs for bridging (I'd tried doing this behaviour using them and failed
miserably.)  The code for audio_bridge_function is interesting, but I
don't believe that's what I need to start with either, as it _bridges_
calls rather than providing a virtual endpoint.

Just to make things real interesting, I'll have to have the custom
module generating custom events so that the Erlang control code gets
notified with the call results so it can update an RDBMS with the result
code.  If I decide to get fancy, I'd like to have a mini-IVR associated
with it that can provide voice prompts about the result codes available
to the operator.

Last but not least, I'm uncertain as to whether such a custom module
needs to be "released" to the Freeswitch team, or whether it would be an
"internal only" module.  Hopefully it _has_ to be released -- I'd like
to contribute in some small way to the community.

As a "for example", picture the tech support call center -- after each
call the operator/tech has to enter a code indicating whether the call
was 1) handled; 2) passed to level 2 tech support; 3) passed to level 3
tech support; or 4) scheduled for callback.

--
Mark Sobkow
Senior Developer
Email: m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com