[Freeswitch-dev] overriding authentication scheme on mod_sofia

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 15:09:38 MSK 2010

Oh ok... yes the a1-hash is in the user directory for people
authenticating to FS... not for FS registering outwards to gateways.

I remember coming across this in the past and did take a quick look at
how to implement it.

The main issue I found was that A1 contains the realm, and the realm
is provided by the gateway in the 407 response. You don't therefore
know the realm needed at the time you generate the A1.

Yes, it would be possible to do by finding the realm the gateway is
using and generating the A1 from that, but if the gateway changes the
realm the A1 will no longer be valid and FS will start failing to
authenticate.

-Steve