[Freeswitch-dev] Scriptable test-suite

Joegen E. Baclor joegen at opensipstack.org
Wed Dec 8 04:36:41 MSK 2010

Hi,

We are trying to work out a test suite for sipXecs media services and we
thought that freeswitch itself is the best place to do it.  I am
initiallly thinking of controlling freeswitch using ESL inbound to
simulate traversing of sipXecs media services ivr menus.  However,
although ESL has the most flexibility among the choices, I find the
scripting modules really appealing specially because it exposes the
ability to add new test scenarios.  Am I correct that ESL inbound
function(eg: placing independent outbound calls without having to hit a
dialplan) is not currently doable via the mod_scripting_language
plugins?  Because of this, I am plannning to simply expose ESL
inbound/outbound library via a google::v8 glue to make the test
scenarios somehow scriptable.   I am wondering if I am not crazy if i do so.

I have came accross this thread old
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.freeswitch.user/10926/focus=10928
.   I am wondeing if more work/thoughts came into this so i wont be
reinventing the wheel.

advice appreciated.  Thanks!

Joegen