[Freeswitch-dev] Freeswitch communication delay after three hours

Mathieu Rene mrene_lists at avgs.ca
Tue Aug 24 15:19:38 PDT 2010

Hi,

Lange nicht gesprochen. What can happen, usually, is network congestion causing a delay buildup over time (FS times its reads at every 20ms and returns a comfort noise frame if it can't get an RTP frame immediately). If frames come in 2-3 ms delayed because of congestion, delay can build up over time. If you are in a C module, you can send a message to the channel so it drops frames (essentially reads until EWOULDBLOCK).

zB:

switch_core_session_message_t msg = { 0 };
msg.message_id = SWITCH_MESSAGE_INDICATE_AUDIO_SYNC;
msg.from = __FILE__;
switch_core_session_receive_message(session, &msg);

Hope that fixes it

Mathieu Rene
Avant-Garde Solutions Inc
Office: + 1 (514) 664-1044 x100