[Freeswitch-dev] mod_osp: undefined symbol OSPPTransactionSetSrcNetworkId**

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 11 12:15:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

Platform:   CentOS 5.5 x86_64 (updated)
FreeSWITCH: git-07b8176 2010-08-10 18-51-06 -0400
OSPToolkit: 3.6.1

After installing OSPToolkit I enabled mod_osp and built and installed
FreeSWITCH. When I issue load mod_osp I see this error:

2010-08-11 21:00:29.284157 [CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:926 Error
**/opt/freeswitch/mod/mod_osp.so: undefined symbol:
OSPPTransactionSetSrcNetworkId**

I'm out of my league here but I tried to get as much info as possible.

/usr/lib64/osp/libosptk.a has the following symbols:

$ nm /usr/lib64/libosptk.a
[snip]
osptransapi.o:
00000000000006ed T OSPPTransactionSetSrcNetworkId
[snip]

Checking mod_osp I see the following:

$ nm /opt/freeswitch/mod/mod_osp.so
0000000000209570 d B64CACert
0000000000209568 d B64LCert
0000000000209560 d B64PKey
                  U OSPPBase64Decode
                  U OSPPCleanup
                  U OSPPInit
                  U OSPPProviderDelete
                  U OSPPProviderNew
                  U OSPPTransactionBuildUsageFromScratch
                  U OSPPTransactionDelete
                  U OSPPTransactionGetContext
                  U OSPPTransactionGetDestProtocol
                  U OSPPTransactionGetDestinationNetworkId
                  U OSPPTransactionGetFirstDestination
                  U OSPPTransactionGetNextDestination
                  U OSPPTransactionGetNumberPortabilityParameters
                  U OSPPTransactionGetOperatorName
                  U OSPPTransactionIsDestOSPEnabled
                  U OSPPTransactionNew
                  U OSPPTransactionRecordFailure
                  U OSPPTransactionReportUsage
                  U OSPPTransactionRequestAuthorisation
                  U OSPPTransactionSetCustomInfo
                  U OSPPTransactionSetDestNetworkId
                  U OSPPTransactionSetDestinationCount
                  U OSPPTransactionSetDiversion
                  U OSPPTransactionSetForwardCodec
                  U OSPPTransactionSetNetworkIds
                  U OSPPTransactionSetNumberPortability
                  U OSPPTransactionSetOctets
                  U OSPPTransactionSetPackets
                  U OSPPTransactionSetReverseCodec
                  U OSPPTransactionSetServiceType
                  U OSPPTransactionSetSrcNetworkId  <--
[snip]

According to the nm manpage, the "U" means "undefined" so mod_osp does
not seem to pick up libosptk.a (during linking?).

Does anyone perhaps have a suggestion for a fix so I can file a bug with
a fix?

Thanks!
Patrick