[Freeswitch-dev] Add accountcode to Show Channels

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Sep 15 00:12:01 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 18:21 +1200, Matt Riddell wrote:
> On 15/09/09 6:13 PM, Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> > could this be done with mod_limit with the key as the customer id that
> > you set as a variable with originate?
>
> I should have been more accurate - basically I'm looking to maintain a
> number of channels through increasing and decreasing call rate -
> basically repurposing the predictive engine in SmoothTorque.

mod_limit can do just that, in fact that is its primary purpose as I
understand it (although it can be tasked to do other things).  You can
query it to see what the current volume is, as a call drops it gets
removed.

The key can be the account code, so that you can look for each code you
are interested in and know how many calls are up for that code itself.

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_limit#Limit_Example
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_limit#limit_hash_usage

Will that do what you want?  Granted you have to tweak the example to
use the account code and all, but ...

> The problem is that I'll also need to see where in the dialplan each
> channel is up to and then from there relate back to customers.

there are a couple ways to accomplish this.  For one thing the dialplan
can actually be a socket connection where you can say exactly where it
is at any time.  Depending on load you could actually have the call
store its state data via odbc using a update, although this does add
load, it lets you query a DB server instead of the switch for this
information which can relieve some load on your switch.  My preference
is to offload most things elsewhere and leave the switches just for
calls, but that is just me.

I am just throwing options out there, the best option for what you need
may be the patch you did, one of the things about FreeSWITCH is that
there are usually multiple ways to accomplish the same task.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721