[Freeswitch-dev] Pin-less entry into conference

Robert Joly rjoly at nortel.com
Fri Sep 11 06:38:43 PDT 2009

I thought it better to modify mod_confence over creating an external
pin-entry mechanism for three main reasons:

#1 - re-use: The conference module already has a perfectly fine
'prompt-the-user-for-pin' facility, so felt that it should be extended
as opposed to be re-created somewhere else.
#2 - extend FS: In my narrow view of the world, it seemed like providing
a mechanism by which a conference PIN can be supplied as part of the
signaling could be useful to other people.  As such, adding the feature
to mod_conference would make it available to everyone.
#3 - simplicity: The entire functionality can be added in about 10 lines
of code if done in mod_conference.

bob