[Freeswitch-dev] fax tone detection inside app

Peter Volchek pvolchek at voicemobility.com
Wed Oct 14 11:11:07 PDT 2009

Hi,
Could anyone help me how to setup the event handler within lua script?
My dialplan is simply configured to execute an application for the DID
range.
All code processing is being happened within lua code.
Now, consider the following scenario.

- The call comes in
- My script starts
- The prompt(greeting) is being played "No one is available at a moment,
please leave a message or start sending your fax now"

Are there any ways, to find out at this point, whether fax negotiation
has started?
The following pseudo code would explain my concern:

if ( getEvent("Detected-Tone") == "fax" )
    doReceiveFax()
else
    doReceiveVoice()

Thanks,