[Freeswitch-dev] Mod conference, dial commad dont work without default profile + patch

Szymon Olko solko at gcdf.pl
Wed Mar 25 04:08:06 PDT 2009

Hello,

I deleted default profile from conference.conf.xml and from that time I could not connect second outgoing channel to conference.

I located problem in searching for conference with 'switch_core_hash_find' function. Only name of conference is stored in hash so
looking for something like 'name at profile' did not find any. In my opinion it always used second attempt to dial when conference
was not found, and it successes only if default profile is available.

There is also bgdial problem which do not allow to call to not existing conference, but in function conf_api_sub_bgdial it looks
like it was meant to work. I have to know freeswitch code better to fix it.

I created patch to solve first problem. This is my first patch so please give me comments so next time I do it better. I choose
this way to learn how freeswitch modules are made. I would also like if someone could review my patch and tell me if this is a way
mod_conference should work. I assumed that looking for conference is for connecting members to existing conference, and that it's
should work like that. Previously it did not find conference if profile was given in command.

Szymon Olko