[Freeswitch-dev] uuid_broadcast leaking problem?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 08:15:59 PDT 2009

local_stream is a buffering audio stream.
if you were playing a normal file it would simply wait for you to continue
reading since this is in motion it would be constantly buffering the audio
for however long you were paused and eventually eat up all your ram.  Each
time you see that message, it means that the buffer was cleared out and
started over to avoid flooding.  The main intent of that warning is if you
open a local_stream handle then forget to close it, we use that as a warning
system so if you see it repeatedly when there are no calls then it's the
only time to worry about it.

We may downgrade it to a DEBUG message.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Tristan <tristan at telemaque.fr> wrote:

>  Hi Brian,
>
> Using uuid_displace with mux parameter I still get those CRIT msg,
>
> testing without mux right now, will keep you posted,
>
> Regards,
>
> Gled
>
> Brian West a écrit :
>
> This is normal because you're broadcasting to a leg that is listening
> to a local_stream so nothing is reading from the stream so we dump the
> data and tell you about it....
>
> Its not a major issue just letting you know that you're doing it...
> you might wanna use uuid_displace instead in this situation.
>
> /b
>
> On Mar 11, 2009, at 7:27 PM, Scott Shen wrote:
>

>  Tried a simple test scenario
>
> Dialplan in public context
>
>        <extension name="hold_music">
>                <condition field="destination_number"
> expression="^9999$">
>                <action application="answer"/>
>                <action application="playback" data="$${hold_music}"/>
>                </condition>
>        </extension>
>
> Used a sipphone to dial into 9999, no problem, heard the FS playing
> music
>
> Now, in FS console, do
>
> show channels                           -- get the uuid
> uuid_broadcast <uuid> '/tmp/test.wav' aleg
>
> The test.wav is played, but however seeing following errors in console
>
> [CRIT] mod_local_stream.c:237 read_stream_thread() Leaking stream
> handle! [switch_ivr_play_file() src/switch_ivr_play_say.c:891]
>

> This error message disappear when the playback of test.wav is
> completed.

pstn:213-799-1400