[Freeswitch-dev] Bridging to multiple endpoints

Kevin Snow kevin.snow at ooma.com
Wed Jun 24 14:01:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

I¹m writing a module where I have an inbound call and want to bridge this to
multiple endpoints. Each of these destination endpoints will ring until one
of them is answered. At this point I want to bridge to that endpoint and
cancel the others to stop the ringing.

What is the recommended way to do this in FS?

I have the ring single endpoint (switch_ivr_originate) and bridge to that
endpoint when answered working. I¹m trying to understand the multiple
endpoint case now.

It seems that I will need to create a new session for each endpoint. In each
of these session threads I can then switch_ivr_originate to a single
endpoint. Somehow, each endpoint will need to know about the others to
cancel them when it¹s endpoint is answered. This could get tricky with lots
of edge cases, is there a recommended way to accomplish this
programmatically?

Thanks

Kevin Snow