[Freeswitch-dev] mod_file and ESL

Kevin Raison raison at chatsubo.net
Thu Jun 18 14:08:27 PDT 2009

Hello, all. I am currently writing a Lisp-based engine based on
FreeSWITCH's ESL.  Everything is going well thus far, except for the
integration of TTS.  I think I must have something misconfigured, but I
cannot tell what it might be.  I chose to use mod_flite.  In my
modules.conf I have:

asr_tts/mod_flite
#asr_tts/mod_pocketsphinx
#asr_tts/mod_cepstral

Everything compiled fine with those options.  I saw the build grab the
flite sources from the web and compile them.  In my
autoload_configs/modules.conf.xml I have:

   <load module="mod_flite"/>
   <!-- <load module="mod_pocketsphinx"/> -->
   <!-- <load module="mod_cepstral"/> -->

But when I issue the speak command, I get an OK message, but no speech
is heard:

sendmsg
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: speak
execute-app-arg: "/home/raison/test.txt"

Reply-Text: +OK

I have tried setting tts_engine=flite and tts_voice=kal to no avail.

Can anyone help?  I am still new to FreeSWITCH, so please be gentle!

Cheers.
Kevin