[Freeswitch-dev] ESL and the directory

João Mesquita jmesquita at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 08:13:00 PDT 2009

Tony,

I am sorry but I think you missed the point here. The idea is that FSGui
will not _SET_ no XML on the directory from its GUI but yes be able to _GET_
its configs from the user directory that can be set anywhere and with any
method supported since the core does not care (cos of xml hooks such as curl
and odbc).

In this case, FSGui will only fetch XML from the directory, read it and work
with it, being totally passive. Take a look at HUD and you will get the
point. Hooking it to the xml events on ESL, it will be able to play along to
simply any web gui without a problem and FSGui could be used by all other
projects that are setting and manipulating the XMLs.

Of course, FSGui would have an overhead of "asking" for the user directory
from time to time since we do not receive any events on esl if the directory
has changed using curl. But I don't see that too much of a problem right
now.

jmesquita