[Freeswitch-dev] ESL and the directory

João Mesquita jmesquita at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 07:36:23 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2009, at 1:03 AM, João Mesquita wrote:
>

>    1. Using ESL for that is the best approach? If not, what would be? (I
>    foresee the need of SSL on libesl soon ...)
>
> Someone would need to add SSL support to mod_event_socket, Also while they
> are at it.. ipv6 support to event socket would be kewl too!  :)

I have never thought of putting it anywhere else...

>    1. Should I fetch root with xml_locate on ESL and parse whatever I am
>    interested on FsGUI or should I add switch_xml_list_domains as well its API
>    and whatever other methods are needed on xml retrieval?
>       1. switch_xml_locate_domain needs the domain name and at this point,
>       I don't have it yet.
>

> You can xml_locate any section of the config directly... by name.

The current API exposed on esl does not support it. Quoting the wiki:
xml_locate

Find some XML.

Usage: xml_locate [root | <section> <tag> <tag_attr_name> <tag_attr_val>]

Looked at the code and it verifies....
So the question would be defined as: Should I patch this and enable it to
return the whole section (awfully easy) or make the xml API richer by adding
specific methods as suggested by Rupa?

>    1. Do any of you see a problem with having additional vars on xml
>    directory to control FsGUI permissions and options? If yes, what is the
>    alternative solution?
>
> Not sure, can you give an example use case?

<param name="fsgui_allow_hold" value="true" />
<param name="fsgui_visible_group" value="default, sales" />