[Freeswitch-dev] FreeSwitch + ISDN + analog phone adapters - status

Jan Berger janvb at live.com
Fri Jan 30 07:30:21 PST 2009

hi Hans,

The standard for a PABX on G.711 is 6ms packaging of data - this is 48 byte per channel. If you go higher than this you start getting to much latency, if you go lower than this you start using to much CPU.

400 byte is 50ms, meaning we have spent a lot of the latency budget already here, but this shoud be run-time configurable per channel as per need.

- G.711 6 ms
- IVR is 250 ms
- 729 10 ms
- 723 30 ms

etc.

You need to take into consideration that you are on a system with 8, 16 or 32 E1's of whick some is running IVR, others SIP, others swicthing back out on a different E1 etc.

Jan