[Freeswitch-dev] FreeSWITCH SS7 stack

Jan Berger janvb at live.com
Wed Jan 28 10:30:15 PST 2009

This is a little like the hen and the egg...

No one will support you starting to write a SS7 ++ stack, but once you get going and the first stacks turns up, so will business.

Jan

From: mike at jerris.comTo: freeswitch-dev at lists.freeswitch.orgDate: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:06:11 -0500Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-dev] FreeSWITCH SS7 stack
I still see a compelling business case for a foundation supported free open source set of libs for the base protocols, commercially supported by multiple contributors who build higher level applications using the base protocols.  In a situation like this, commercial sponsors can pool resources for certification.  Obviously anyone using a modified version would not be using certified code but the sponsors who pay for certification would still get multiple benefits.

Mike