[Freeswitch-dev] Recoding G729 raw payload in FreeSWITCH and G729 decoding

seven du seven at idapted.com
Wed Jan 21 20:30:23 PST 2009

Hi FreeSWITCHers,

1) FreeSWITCH support G729 codec in passthrough mode, it is normally
engough if both call-legs suport G729. But there is no way to do
recording if you can't decode it. I wrote a small module called
mod_recpld. The idea is to record the raw payload in rtp packets to
files, and decode them into 3rd party  converters.

See details at: http://code.google.com/p/mod-recpld/

2) EasyG729A implemented by http://imtelephone.com can be free of use
on research purpose, I made a wrapper so it can be used in FreeSWITCH.

See deatila at: http://code.google.com/p/libg729/

The code is not good but just works.

BTW, I think it maybe easy to store codes on FreeSWITCH svn than on
google code, how can I become a developer? Can I get a svn access on
svn.freeswitch.org and own a branch?