[Freeswitch-dev] DTMF events

Rob Charlton rob.charlton at savageminds.com
Wed Jan 21 07:53:41 PST 2009

Yes, and yes. I see the DTMF events arriving when I make an incoming call.

I put a breakpoint on switch_channel_dequeue_dtmf() which gets hit when
I type digits after:

- I originate a call to a sip extension
- I receive a call from a sip extension
- I receive a call from our sip trunk (from PSTN)

The breakpoint doesn't get hit when I type digits after:

- I originate a call via our sip trunk (to the PSTN)

As regards this:
 > In the latter case, I am still able to pick up DTMF digits if I use
 > javascript session.collectInput() - so it appears as if the DTMF tones
 > are being recognised by Freeswitch, but no events sent.
I must have been dreaming - that isn't the case at all -
session.collectInput doesn't get any digits at all.

We use the same SIP trunk with asterisk and that _does_ pick up DTMF
tones for outbound PSTN calls.

Thanks

Rob