[Freeswitch-dev] DTMF events

Rob Charlton rob.charlton at savageminds.com
Wed Jan 21 04:38:54 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm using mod_event_socket to listen for DTMF events. I have Nokia
handsets registered as SIP clients over Wifi, as well as a SIP trunk
providing incoming PSTN calls to a range of DDIs and outgoing PSTN calls.

If I make an incoming (PSTN or SIP) call and answer it, I always see
DTMF events via mod_event_socket.
If I make an outgoing call direct to a handset using SIP then I see DTMF
events - e.g. originate user/1000 &park()
If I make an outgoing call via PSTN then I don't see DTMF events e.g.
originate sofia/gateway/mygateway/myphonenumber &park() or
&javascript(myscript.js);

In the latter case, I am still able to pick up DTMF digits if I use
javascript session.collectInput() - so it appears as if the DTMF tones
are being recognised by Freeswitch, but no events sent.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Rob

--