[Freeswitch-dev] Audio formats without transcoding

seven du seven at idapted.com
Wed Jan 7 05:44:21 PST 2009

Brian,

I tested using originate
{ignore_early_media=true,absolute_string=g729,ringback=/sounds/
somefile}sofia/default/1000 &bridge({ignore_early_media=true,
ringback=/sounds/somefile,absolute_codec_string=g729}sofia/gateways/
xxxx/00000)

To listen the ring back, you need set ignore_early_media, the ringback
variable maybe not needed at A-leg

To make codec g729 work, I commented one line in switch_g729_init in
mod_g729.c:

//	codec->flags |= SWITCH_CODEC_FLAG_PASSTHROUGH;

However, I need to carefully make sure no transcoding happens,  see

http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-dev/2009-January/001750.html