[Freeswitch-dev] Audio formats without transcoding

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Jan 2 08:15:10 PST 2009

That's a reasonable expectation. However, if there is more than one file
format from which the sound could be played then a decision must be made as
to which one to use. You could default to .wav and hope that there's a .wav
file present or you could create a logic tree that looks for various file
types and chooses the most appropriate under the circumstances. Most likely
you'd need more than just a channel variable - you'd need to do a small
script in your preferred language, be it Lua, Perl, Python, JavaScript...

-MC