[Freeswitch-dev] Ecasound support in FreeSWITCH?

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 11:31:31 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
> Well, I had a look through ecasound, and it looks pretty useful for
> someone doing recording. It looks pretty useless for call analysis, though.
>
> As for mod_soundtouch, the current version is largely a toy, as it takes
> too much compute time for serious application. There will probably be a
> more telephony oriented version of the same concept available in the not
> too distant future.
>
> Steve

Steve,

  It proved to be quite useful for my application (analyzing recorded
calls from Asterisk).  I don't understand how it is useless for call
analysis.  Calls are just audio after all, right?

  I'm looking to build on this with FreeSWITCH.  I can continue to
analyze recorded files but it would be much cooler to do it in FS with
a mod.  I was just comparing functionality (manipulating the audio
stream) with mod_soundtouch.

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org