[Freeswitch-dev] Ecasound support in FreeSWITCH?

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 10:24:15 PST 2009

So, for example:

mod_ecasound could live out of tree and it would be up to the user to
download, compile, and install it?

Is there currently much of a mechanism for building out of tree
modules for FreeSWITCH (like Apache apxs)?

I hate to see good technology be stifled by licensing issues and it
seems to me the MPL vs. GPL issue comes up quite a bit.  Don't get me
wrong; I'd much rather see everything in tree for a variety of
reasons.  However, licensing is licensing.