[Freeswitch-dev] Ecasound support in FreeSWITCH?

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 00:02:18 PST 2009

Hello everyone,

  I started a project using Asterisk + Ecasound to do call quality analysis:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Recqual

  I'd like to expand on this concept (that's about all there is).  I
just don't have as much time to spend on this as I'd like.

  It seems to me that Ecasound could be built into FreeSWITCH as a mod:

http://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound/developer.php

  What I'm thinking is FreeSWITCH could dial a remote resource and
give some params to mod_ecasound with the quality/type of audio it is
expecting.  Mod_ecasound could report what it's getting.  For
instance, you could dial any standard milliwatt test line and
mod_ecasound would tell you how mangled the received audio is.
Obviously you could also call your own resources, loop back into other
areas of the dialplan, etc.

  I don't know how well suited ecasound is to doing this kind of
analysis in real time or if it's the best way of going about this but
it does seem like FreeSWITCH is an ideal platform for any future
recqual development.

  Thoughts?

--
Kristian Kielhofner